If all you are doing is listening and talking – you may be very ineffective as a communicator. The real communication secrets, the emotions, the pre-conditioning, the thought before the thought – even the lines on your face, all tell a story, it is all there in the body language……you just don’t know what you’re looking at!
This amazing science is life changing to those who are aware of it. Knowing body language makes you a better human. Knowing body language helps you to get it right more often.
Here’s the top 10 of how it can help you.
- Seek first to understand and then be understood. Body language de-coding slows you down, and makes you observe instead of blurt, talk over or wait for your turn to talk. It dials down your ego.
- Body language makes you ask the next obvious question – not add on all the twiddly bits, judgements, opinions. You’ve seen it, so you know the next obvious question.
- It helps you ‘direct’ your thoughts so people are really clear on your intentions.
- You know when someone it hurt, out of their comfort zone or scared – and you can do something kind to help or empower them.
- You see what people are trying to hide.
- You see what they feel.
- You see whether you have their attention and focus.
- You can promote your personal brand – you!
- You know when people have had enough.
- It’s great fun.